It is HOT here in Florida.
The last thing I want to do is hover over the stove.
So, I spend a lot of time eating salads.
They’re cool and refreshing.
And, they don’t require any cooking!
But, sometimes you just feel like having something different – like soup!
That’s where this recipe comes in and saves the day!
It’s super easy to make and so refreshing on a hot summer day.
I balked at the thought of cold soup when I first heard about it, but honestly…
It’s really good!
And, it’s a great way to use up an abundance of yummy cucumbers from your garden or local farmer’s market.
Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments!
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 ½ cup Greek 2% yogurt
- ½ medium avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and cut in half
- 3 T. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 2 t. sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- optional: sprigs of fresh dill and/or sliced cucumber for garnish
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until smooth. If you prefer a thinner soup, add a little more chicken or vegetable stock until you reach the desired consistency.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Refrigerate for at least 2- 3 hours before serving.
- Serve topped with sprigs of fresh dill and thin slices of cucumber. For an even prettier presentation, toss a few cooked and chilled shrimp with some ground cumin and chop into small pieces.
- Sprinkle seasoned shrimp pieces on top of soup and add a sprig of fresh dill.