It is HOT here in Florida.
The last thing I want to do is hover over the stove.
So, I spend a lot of time eating salads.
They’re cool and refreshing.
And, they don’t require any cooking!
But, sometimes you just feel like having something different – like soup!
That’s where this recipe comes in and saves the day!
It’s super easy to make and so refreshing on a hot summer day.
I balked at the thought of cold soup when I first heard about it, but honestly…
It’s really good!
And, it’s a great way to use up an abundance of yummy cucumbers from your garden or local farmer’s market.
Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments!
Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup with Fresh Dill
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 ½ cup Greek 2% yogurt
- ½ medium avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and cut in half
- 3 T. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 2 t. sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- optional: sprigs of fresh dill and/or sliced cucumber for garnish
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until smooth. If you prefer a thinner soup, add a little more chicken or vegetable stock until you reach the desired consistency.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Refrigerate for at least 2- 3 hours before serving.
- Serve topped with sprigs of fresh dill and thin slices of cucumber. For an even prettier presentation, toss a few cooked and chilled shrimp with some ground cumin and chop into small pieces.
- Sprinkle seasoned shrimp pieces on top of soup and add a sprig of fresh dill.